William B. Ellwood
(416) 410-8191 ex. 316
Read William's Blog
ellwood Evidence Inc. – Computer Forensic Examiner 2011-Present
Since my EnCE certification, I have worked on forensic cases involving corporate fraud, data theft, and personal harassment in civil actions. I specialize in forensic data collection, review, and reporting within the bounds of confidentiality agreements. My recent focus has been on the forensic collection of social media using tools like X1 Social Discovery. I have also conducted independent research into artifacts left behind by use of webmail.
ellwood associates inc. – eTI Technician 2006-Present
ellwood associates inc. is a boutique legal support firm that maintains law office infrastructure and helps manage the technical side of case work. As a member of the Technical Infrastructure division at ellwood, I regularly attend law offices to fix technical issues. I must work with the Support Team to ensure that all client issues are quickly resolved and that they are satisfied with the result. For the last two years I have taken shifts as the Support Manager, tracking issues and delegating them to members of the support staff.
University of Toronto, Trinity College Competitive Strategy Specialist B.Comm Candidate 2016
- President’s Entrance Scholarship
- Second Year Academic Scholarship
Sumuri Forensics – Passware Certified (2013)
Guidance Software (2011-2012)
- Certified as an EnCE – EnCase Certified Computer Forensic Examiner (ID 15-0911-4328)
- Certificates of Completion and CPE credits for the following Professional Courses:
Computer Forensics I & II
Advanced Computer Forensics
Advanced Internet Investigations
Network Intrusion Investigations
Upper Canada College (2006-2012)
- Graduated as a member of the Principle’s List with General Proficiency
- IB2 Stephen Leacock Prize for Higher Level English 2011-2012
- IB2 Wedd Prize for Classics 2011-2012
- Andrew T. Wilson Award for Theatrical Tech 2011-2012
- IB1 Classics Prize 2010-2011
- Higher Level English Prize 2010-11
- General Proficiency 2010-2011
- R.S. Coleman Prize for Physics 2009-2010
Quantum Cryptography School for Young Students (Summer 2011)
- Full scholarship. Selected as one of thirty students from around the world to participate in Waterloo’s Institute for Quantum Computing summer course in quantum cryptography.
I have demonstrated my affinity for research as a classicist and as a professional examiner. I am a strong professional communicator, having worked in professional settings since the age of twelve. I enjoy mentoring people, doing so in theatrical tech as the leader and teacher of my booth team, as well as mentoring two candidates for the EnCE at ellwood Evidence Inc. to a successful certification.